California oral surgeon charged with sexual assault against patients, lawsuit filed

A lawsuit and charges have been filed against a California oral surgeon accused of sexually assaulting multiple patients. 

Mary Alexander & Associates filed a lawsuit in Solano County Superior Court against dentist David Webb, DDS, of Northern California Facial and Oral Surgery in Vacaville, Calif., according to a July 28 news release. The lawsuit accuses the oral surgeon of sexually abusing, harassing and assaulting patients.

The news release states that the plaintiff, a Jane Doe, was allegedly sexually assualted by Dr. Webb while under the use of gas during her procedure. 

KCRA 3, an NBC affiliate, reported July 28 that it spoke with two patients who said they were assaulted by Dr. Webb during routine dental procedures. 

Misdemeanor charges were filed against Dr. Webb July 13 and 14, according to court records. A misdemeanor charge and civil complaint were also filed in December 2021 and March 14, respectively. 

The law office of Thomas A. Johnson confirmed to KCRA 3 that it is representing Dr. Webb. It told the news station that Dr. Webb denies all allegations against him. It added that he pleaded not guilty to the December charge and will plead not guilty to the charges from earlier this month.  

The Department of Consumer Affairs, of which the Dental Board of California is an entity, told the news station it requested license restrictions against Dr. Webb in connection with pending litigation, but the Solano County Superior Court denied the request.

Dr. Webb is scheduled to be arraigned Aug. 16, according to court records.

Becker's contacted the law office of Thomas A. Johnson for comment and will update this story as more information becomes available.

Copyright © 2022 Becker's Healthcare. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Cookie Policy. Linking and Reprinting Policy.

Featured Learning Opportunities

Featured Webinars

Featured Whitepapers

Featured Podcast