Electrical error causes $450K in fire damages at Maryland dental practice

The Maryland State Fire Marshal is investigating a fire at a local dentist's office that occurred in the early morning on Sept 19, according to local CBS affiliate WJZ.

Firefighters arrived at the Calvert County, Md.-based dental practice around 1:22 a.m. It took them around 45 minutes to contain the fire at the two-story office.

Officials determined the fire was caused by an electrical error within an exterior electronic service entrance and caused around $450,000 in damages.

More articles on dental:
Dentist pleads guilty to $5M+ Medicaid fraud scheme
9 dental companies making headlines
Employee at Minnesota dental practice stole nitrous oxide, police say

Copyright © 2021 Becker's Healthcare. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Cookie Policy. Linking and Reprinting Policy.

Featured Webinars

Featured Whitepapers

Featured Podcast