Medit to be acquired by private equity firm in $2B deal

Medit, the third-largest 3D dental scanner manufacturer in the world, will be acquired by South Korean private equity firm MBK Partners in a $1.9 billion deal, the Korean Economic Daily reported Dec. 29.

MBK signed a share purchase agreement to buy a 99.5 percent stake in Medit. Once the deal is finalized, MBK will hold a 70 percent stake in the company while Medit founder Minho Chang and his related parties will own the remaining 30 percent.

The transaction is expected to be complete by February.

Copyright © 2023 Becker's Healthcare. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Cookie Policy. Linking and Reprinting Policy.

Featured Learning Opportunities

Featured Webinars

Featured Whitepapers

Featured Podcast