Fire ignites Washington D.C. in-home dental office due to electrical malfunction: 4 takeaways

Share on Facebook
Early Friday morning, a fire broke out an an in-home dental office in Washington, D.C., according to USA 9.


Here are four takeaways:

1. The fire occurred in the home's basement.

2. There were 60 firefighters on scene with officials requesting additional crew to fight the remainder of the fire. USA 9 reports fire officials extinguished most of the fire, but were working to stop flare-ups.

3. There were no reported injuries and the occupants safely evacuated the home.

4. Officials ruled an accidental electrical malfunction as the fire's source.

More dental news:
Drs. Anil Dwivedi, Cory White & more: 10 dentists making headlines
Dental composite filing market to reach $509.1M in 5 years: 5 points
Delta Dental of Wisconsin earns Center of Excellence distinction: 5 notes

© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.

 

New From Becker's Dental Review

Number of dental care HPSAs across 50 states

Read Now

Upcoming Events

Top 40 Articles from the Past 6 Months